December full of treats was a month ago, covid’s been with us for two and something years and if you too are going through winter then maybe your immune system isn’t the strongest right now. This Hearty Sassy Water will give you a healthy boost and promotes natural weight loss. It consists of five simple ingredients, one of which is water. Here follow the other four with some benefits they bring to the bottle.
Lemon is full of anti-inflammatory properties that can cure health issues. It will help fight respiratory tract infections, cure sore throats and inflammation of tonsils. Lemon also promotes hydration, improves skin quality, supports digestion and weight loss and is a great source of vitamin C.
Cucumber has many health benefits too. It promotes hydration, weight loss, lowers the blood pressure and improves skin health. The vitamin K in cucumber will keep your bones healthy and the vitamin A will help with vision, the immune system and reproduction.
Ginger is full of antioxidants, which play an important role in helping your body handle free radicals. This lowers the risk of health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Ginger is also rich in mineral potassium, is a natural anti-inflammatory and a natural anti-nausea and digestive aid. It will help to balance blood sugar levels and it promotes weight loss too.
Mint, lastly but not least, has digestive benefits. It contains menthol which may help manage irritable bowel syndrome by soothing some of the symptoms and it can help relieve indigestion. Mint is also a natural anti-inflammatory and is rich in phosphorus, calcium and vitamins C, D, E and A (which improves the immune system).
Try and drink the hearty sassy water for three weeks straight, drink nothing else but this water and drink about two bottles a day which comes to a total of 1,5 to 2 liters.
- Servings: ± 1 day of Hearty Sassy Water
- Ready in: ± 10 minutes
- ½ a lemon
- 10 thin slices of cucumber
- ginger the size of your thumb
- 1 branch of mint or 10 leaves of mint
- 1L of water
- Wash all the ingredients thoroughly and cut the lemon, cucumber and ginger in thin slices.
- Place all the slices and mint leaves in a one liter bottle and fill the bottle with water till the top. You can add the juice left on the cutting board of the ingredients you sliced to the bottle.
- Turn the bottle a couple of times to mix the ingredients and you are ready to start drinking!
- If you don’t like the bitterness of your lemon, then you can cut the skin off.
- You’ll probably pee a lot, but that’s very normal and very good to clean your bladder and it also helps prevent kidney stones!
- You can refill your bottle as many times as you like on the same day, often I even go for two days, but it’s best to keep it till one full day.
- If you think the ingredients still look fresh and good to use you can also place them in a mug, poor hot water on them and drink it as a tea!
- The Hearty Sassy Water also freshens your breath.
Did you use this recipe? Please leave a comment with your experience! Feel free to share ideas, alternatives and tips.